Continuing the experiment with finding things Dylan did each day of the year. If you know of any not included do write in and say.
20 April 1961: Bob Dylan played at Gerde’s Folk City, New York.
20 April 1966: Bob Dylan played the Festival Hall in Melbourne, Australia, starting with “She Belongs to Me” and ending with “Just like Thom Thumb’s Blues”
20 April 1980: Bob Dylan played Toronto on the Gospel Tour
20 April 1985, The charity record ‘We Are The World’ by USA For Africa was at No.1 on the UK singles chart. The US artists’ answer to Band Aid included Bob Dylan, Stevie Wonder, Tina Turner, Bruce Springsteen, Diana Ross, Daryl Hall, Paul Simon, Huey Lewis, Ray Charles, Billy Joel, Michael Jackson.
20 April 2009: Bob Dylan performed Tough Mama live for the 44th and last time.
20 April 2009: The Cambridge Companion to Bob Dylan published by Cambridge University Press
20 April 2013: Bob Dylan released Wigwam / Thirsty Boots. It was an unreleased demo of Wigwam, and the first Thirsty Boots recording to be released.
20 April 2016: Bob Dylan played Orchard Hall, Tokyo
- All the things Dylan did on 19 April
- Something there is about you: Dylan’s 1973 renaissance and the journey Tangled Up.
- What Bob Dylan’s done on 18 April through the years.
- Bob Dylan on this day: 17 April
- Bob Dylan on this day: 16 April
- Hazel: understanding the song, and the live performance
- The alphabetical list of songs reviewed is on the home page
- The list of songs in chronological order of composition (1962-1973) is here.
- Bob Dylan Day by Day (only recently started but all things start somewhere)
- How Dylan writes songs, the greatest Dylan opening lines and other articles