Over 1400 articles on Bob Dylan including reviews of all 594 songs that Bob Dylan has written or co-written
Latest news – more Dylan compositions found…
- Another missing Dylan song found: “I rode out one morning”
- “Responsibility” a recovered fragment is the latest song added to our complete index of songs Dylan has written or co-written and which we have reviewed within this site.
- We have also added “Liverpool Gal” the lost early recording of Dylan’s song now found and
- Bob and Helana: Tell me the truth one time. Another missed song found
Other recent articles include
- A Bob Dylan Proto-Song
- The Mystery of “Can’t Wait” in Germany: three new versions of one old song
- Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues in the Night
- The Symbolism Of The Oak (Part II)
Regular Untold Dylan author Jochen Markhorst has a new book out (in English) which is available via Kindle and as a paperback through Amazon.
An extract from the book will appear on Untold Dylan in a few days time. You can also read about Jochen’s latest book on the Basement Tapes in Dutch here. (Which is to say that the book is in Dutch, not the Basement Tapes themselves.)
Updated contents and indexes
The Influences on Bob Dylan page has been updated with all the most recent articles. I’ve not had a chance to add links each time, but if you type in the title of any wanted article in the search box top right under the picture, omitting any apostrophes or other punctuation, it usually finds it for you.
Our indexes are never totally up to day but I’ve recently done some work on updating these indexes, in each case with details of recent articles added.
- Bob Dylan and friends
- Songs about Dylan
- Dylan in the 1960s (previously listed on this page as “Subjects and Themes”)
A few highlights you might have missed
- The artwork files: the index has been updated
- “Dylan’s lost songs and forgotten gems”
- The 100 greatest cover versions of Dylan songs, ever
- Bob Dylan Master Harpist
The Great Trek: We have now completed the task we set out to undertake over 10 years ago of writing at least one review of every single song that Bob Dylan composed or co-composed, of which there is a recording available either on a record or on the internet. In fact many songs contain two reviews from very different perspectives.
You can see a list of the songs with links to the reviews in alphabetical order and we have also put them in chronological order (as far as is possible given the often contradictory information available – but do note we try and list songs in the order written, not in the order recorded or released.)
Would you like to contribute an article to Untold Dylan?
I’m always interested in receiving new ideas and new articles which fit into our remit of providing new insights and thoughts on Dylan. If you would like to join in, please either send me your idea, or alternatively a whole article as a word file attached to an email.
I regret to say we don’t have the money to pay for articles we publish but you will get a pretty large number of readers and quite likely find your work being discussed in universities and journals on occasion.
To join in just email Tony@schools.co.uk
Can’t find what you want? One really good place to try for any information that we don’t carry, but which you are looking for, is here: http://www.bjorner.com/bob.htm
For advertising on this site please contact Snack Media at 0207 272 7582 or email Tom@Snack-media.com
For all other issues please contact Untold Dylan at Tony@schools.co.uk