Over 1200 articles on Bob Dylan including reviews of 588 songs that Bob Dylan has written or co-written
What’s coming up in the near future
We are now starting a new series on “Songs about Dylan”, reviewing other artists’ work in which they talk to Bob, or about Bob, through their songs. The first two articles are prepared and will be published shortly.
Also coming in the near future is the final part of the series on Dylan’s harmonica playing.
Meanwhile we really do seem to have run out of songs that Dylan has written or co-written that we can review. 588 songs is where we’ve got to – and you can find them in the alphabetical index of song titles and in the chronological reviews.
If you would like to contribute an article to Untold Dylan we’d love to hear from you. Just send me a note about the idea or if you already have written it, the full article as a Word document. Many of the series on this site have come about simply because readers have kindly written in with thoughts on new series – without such help the site would never have reached this size. The email address is at the foot of these notes.
Recent articles include…
- Why does Bob Dylan like “Hank Williams as Luke the Drifter”
- Bob Dylan And Arthur Conan Doyle
- Dusty old fairgrounds: review of another rare Bob Dylan song we missed
- Who Killed Davey Moore? Well, pretty much everyone.
Can’t find what you want? One really good place to try for any information that we don’t carry, but which you are looking for, is here: http://www.bjorner.com/bob.htm
Some other indexes you might find helpful
- Dylan re-imagined index has been updated.
- Very much a work in progress is the “Influences on Bob Dylan” index – the index is fulsome, but many of the links have not yet been added – although you can search for the title of an article in the Search box top right.
- We’ve also put the songs in the order of composition – see “Dylan songs of the 60s” etc in the links under the picture above.
- We also have the index to “Dylan’s favourites” which contains a growing set of reviews of songs composed by other people that Dylan himself plays, or has commented upon.
- In the past we’ve done quite a bit of work talking about cover versions of Bob’s song and with this in mind you might enjoy The 100 greatest cover versions of Dylan songs, ever
- And one of my favourites is the list of “Dylan’s lost songs and forgotten gems”. There are some amazing tracks in that index, with lots of links to recordings of them.
For advertising on this site please contact Snack Media at 0207 272 7582 or email Tom@Snack-media.com
For all other issues please contact Untold Dylan at Tony@schools.co.uk