Over 1600 articles on Bob Dylan including reviews of each of the 609 songs that Bob Dylan has written or co-written
If you are using an advertisement blocker, please consider turning it off while reading Untold Dylan. Running a blog and a Facebook site with a large readership does have its costs in terms of the server, protection against hacking and maintenance, even though none of the writers get paid.
Readers looking at advertisements on our site is the only source of income we have – which doesn’t mean we want you to click randomly on adverts, but if you see something of interest, please do have look. It helps keep Untold Dylan alive.
Dylan through the years:
- Bob says to Tony, “make me an album” (part 1)
- Bob says to Tony, “Make me an album” (part 2)
- The hopes and fears and dreams of the discontented
- The themes of Dylan’s songs 1981
- 1982/3: The year of no going back.
- Bob Dylan: the tortuous journey to 1984
- Foot of Pride. The school of abstract songwriting
- God Knows where the Lost Chord can be found
- Open the door Homer: there’s a Thunderclap outside.
- Do Right To Me Baby (Do Unto Others) (Just pick up the cross and walk)
Dylan song number number 609
Bob Dylan and Cowboy Jesus
- Seven Days: An Examination of Faith Crisis And Apocalypse
- Seven Days: an examination of faith, crisis and apocalypse part 2
- Seven days, An Examination of Faith Crisis And Apocalypse, part 3.
The subjects that Dylan wrote about in his songs.
- The subjects of Bob Dylan’s songs from 1958 to 1979.
- Understanding Dylan’s thinking 1958 to 1979
- 1980: From Christian songs to beauty and confusion
- The themes in Bob Dylan’s songs in 1981
- Full series index 1959 to 1981
Untold Dylan on Facebook
It looks like we are growing at a rate of well over 100 members or so a week. That means we are going to double in size in the next year! Thank you to everyone for supporting our position. To join, just go onto Facebook and type in “Untold Dylan”
All of our main series of articles are listed with links to the individual articles in the indexes which are shown just below the picture at the top of the page.
And the book…
We’ve published a second extract from Jochen’s remarkable new book “Desolation Row”: the Ophelia-stanza. Our first extract Desolation Row (part one): The origins of the title is also still available. The volume is available in English and in Dutch, both as a paperback and on Kindle. Details are on the UK Amazon site, or of course on the Amazon site for your country. Just search for “Desolation Row” by Joch Markhorst.
Would you like to contribute an article to Untold Dylan?
I’m always interested in receiving new ideas and new articles which fit into our remit of providing new insights and thoughts on Dylan. If you would like to join in, please either send me your idea, or alternatively a whole article as a word file attached to an email.
I regret to say we don’t have the money to pay for articles we publish but you will get a pretty large number of readers and quite likely find your work being discussed in universities and journals on occasion.
To join in just email Tony@schools.co.uk
For advertising on this site please contact Snack Media at 0207 272 7582 or email Tom@Snack-media.com