Over 1100 articles on Bob Dylan including reviews of 581 songs that Bob Dylan has written and co-written
If you have been paying attention you’ll have noticed that the total number of Dylan songs reviewed is now 581 – all of which were composed by Dylan or Dylan plus one or more others.
We like to think this is the most comprehensive list of Dylan compositions to be found – and we have put them in an alphabetical list and in date order on this site. There is an index of the indexes above, under the picture.
Recent articles include…
- Dylan’s Talkin’ World War III Blues and the rather silly hurdy gurdy man
- MacHeath, Macavity, And The Lamp Post
- Bob Dylan and… Willie Nelson – A Philosopher Poet
- Dylan re-imagined: One too many mornings, Mama you’ve been and Hard Rain
- Bob Dylan’s cat just ate my dog, Ma
Can’t find what you want? One really good place to try for any information that we don’t carry, but which you are looking for, is here: http://www.bjorner.com/bob.htm
Some indexes you might find helpful
- Dylan re-imagined index has been updated.
- The alphabetical list of all the songs reviewed on this site can be found here.
- Very much a work in progress is the “Influences on Bob Dylan” index – the index is fulsome, but many of the links have not yet been added – although you can search for the title of an article in the Search box top right.
- We’ve also put the songs in the order of composition – see “Dylan songs of the 60s” etc in the links under the picture above.
- The latest index to be added is “Dylan’s favourites” which contains a growing set of reviews of songs composed by other people that Dylan himself plays, or has commented upon.
- In the past we’ve done quite a bit of work talking about cover versions of Bob’s song and with this in mind you might enjoy The 100 greatest cover versions of Dylan songs, ever
- And one of my favourites is the list of “Dylan’s lost songs and forgotten gems”. There are some amazing tracks in that index, with lots of links to recordings of them.
For advertising on this site please contact Snack Media at 0207 272 7582 or email Tom@Snack-media.com
For all other issues please contact Untold Dylan at Tony@schools.co.uk