Why does Dylan like –
This series contains reviews of the songs of other writers that Dylan admits he loves… along (where possible) with examples of Dylan performing the songs, in contrast with the originals.
The latest entries in the series are at the top of the bulleted list. October Song is listed on its own for the moment, as it is a personal favourite of mine. Tony.
- Why does Dylan like “I aint got no home”?
- “Uncloudy Day”? A bolt straight from the heavens.
- “The World’s Gone Wrong” – it’s the blues turned upside down.
- “Spanish is the Loving Tongue”
- Bob Dylan and the untamed sense of control – Roscoe Holcomb
- “Let it be me”?
- Bill Monroe
- “Black white and brown”?
- “Mystery Train” by Junior Parker (and Elvis Presley)
- “Me and My chauffeur blues” – the foundations of Obviously 5 Believers