This series of remarkable articles by Mike Johnson (Kiwipoet) charts Dylan’s continuing tour with musical examples throughout.
In each case the mainstays of the tour are listed, with an example of each song taken from one of the concerts in the tour. We believe this is the only collection that has ever undertaken this massive task.
Three articles have been published thus far, with more in the pipeline, working in chronological order.
- The Never-Ending Tour: 1987 – Farewell to all that
- NET 1988: Desperate stratagems, Part 1: Heroes and Villains
- 1988 Part 2: The 60s revisited
- 1988 Part 3: Absolutely still on the road
- 1989 Part 1: A sharper edge
- Never Ending Tour 1989 Part 2 – A fire in the sun
- 1989 Part 3: Blown out on the trail
- 1990 Part 1: Vomiting Fire
- 1990 Part 2 – Songs of love, songs of betrayal
- 1991: Part 1 Hidden Gems in a Train Wreck – The Undesirables
- The Never Ending Tour 1991 Part 2 – Feet walking by themselves
- NET 1991 Part 3: King of the unsteady
- 1992: Heading for the promised land
You might also like to note…
And… Mike’s previous megaseries for Untold Dylan: Bob Dylan Master Harpist contains six articles which between them offer the most comprehensive guide to Dylan’s harmonica techniques ever assembled.