These two series (Year by Year and Decade by Decade) take Bob Dylan songs and consider them in the order in which they were written.
Within this all the individual songs are reviewed one by one. You can find an index to the songs in the Decade by Decade series listed immediately below, and an alphabetical list of all the songs reviewed if you scroll down the home page.
Bob Dylan decade by decade
- Dylan songs of the 1960s
- Dylan songs of the 1970s
- Dylan songs of the 1980s
- Dylan songs of the 1990s
- Dylan songs of the 21st century
Bob Dylan year by year – the series
Each of these articles is a summary of what Dylan wrote in that year.
- Dylan in 1961: The Overview
- Dylan in 1962: The Overview
- Dylan in 1963: the overview – Dylan the storyteller part 1
- Bob Dylan in 1964: the overview. Dylan the storyteller part 2.
- 1965: the overview – the year Dylan invented two totally new forms of music.
- Dylan in 1966 the overview: writing songs while the band patiently waits
- Dylan in 1967: the overview. A year of two, or maybe three halves.
- Bob Dylan in 1968 – the overview. As his country pulls itself apart, Dylan takes a year out.
- Bob Dylan in 1969: everything is lovely
- Dylan in 1970: a stuttering return to song writing.
- Bob Dylan in 1971 – taking more time out but producing two brilliant songs.
- Dylan in 1972. Still not writing much, but what he wrote gave a hint of what might come next…
- Bob Dylan in 1973: moving into the second round of unadulterated genius