By Tony Attwood
Following our completion of the invented “Sheep in Wolves’ Clothing” album which could have been issued instead of Down in the Groove, we invited anyone interested to come up with a new cover for the album invented by Aaron.
And we have had our first submission from Rick Hager…
Here’s the track listing with links to each song…
- Track 1 Twist and Shout
- Track 2: Just when I needed you most
- Track 3: Willie and the Hand Jive
- Track 4: Important words
- Track 5: Uranium Rock (Rock ’em dead)
- Track 6: Lucky old Sun
- Track 7: Got Love If You Want It
- Track 8: Treasure of Love
- Track 9: Sidewalks Fences and Walls
- Track 10: Let my people go.
- CD Bonus Tracks: Thank God, Old Five And Dimers (Like Me)
We’re still open to anyone reader who would like to contribute a cover for the album. Unfortunately no one gets paid for doing anything on this site, but we do know that just occasionally quite senior people in the world of Dylan do take a peek at what we get up to.
Meanwhile if you are interested in artwork I am sure you will enjoy our series on the art work on Bob’s album covers. Indeed if you have never seen it plesae do spend a few moments with the article on your favourite album…
- The untold story of the artwork on Bob Dylan’s Greatest Hits
- The Sleeve Art of Bob Dylan’s album: “Bob Dylan”
- The Sleeve Art of Bob Dylan’s Album: Slow Train Coming
- The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan – the untold story of the artwork of the album
- Times they are a changin’: the album artwork
- The art work on Bob Dylan’s albums: The Basement Tapes
- The source of the artwork of “Another side of Bob Dylan”
- The art work on Bob Dylan’s “Infidels”: what’s in a name?
- The art work of Nashville Skyline
- Absolute Exclusive: Empire Burlesque and Biograph artwork
- The artwork to Knocked Out Loaded
- The Art Work of the Traveling Wilburys Vol 1 (guest visitor, Michael Palin)
- The story of the art work on Bringing it All Back Home
Untold Dylan: who we are what we do
Untold Dylan is written by people who want to write for Untold Dylan. It is simply a forum for those interested in the work of the most famous, influential and recognised popular musician and poet of our era, to read about, listen to and express their thoughts on, his lyrics and music.
We welcome articles, contributions and ideas from all our readers. Sadly no one gets paid, but if you are published here, your work will be read by a fairly large number of people across the world, ranging from fans to academics who teach English literature. If you have an idea, or a finished piece send it as a Word file to Tony@schools.co.uk with a note saying that it is for publication on Untold Dylan.
We also have a very lively discussion group “Untold Dylan” on Facebook with around 5500 active members. Just type the phrase “Untold Dylan” in, on your Facebook page or follow this link
You’ll find some notes about our latest posts arranged by themes and subjects on the home page of this site. You can also see details of our main sections on this site at the top of this page under the picture. Not every index is complete but I do my best.
But what is complete is our index to all the 604 Dylan compositions and co-compositions that we have found, on the A to Z page. I’m proud of that; no one else has found that many songs with that much information. Elsewhere the songs are indexed by theme and by the date of composition. See for example Bob Dylan year by year.